Whipped coffee is also known as Dalgona coffee and it is very popular in South Korea. It’s also common in Greece where it’s called Frappe Coffee and in India where it’s called Beaten Coffee. The trending name for it from TikTok though is just whipped coffee.
Whipped Coffee Recipe is made with only 3 ingredients whisked together – instant coffee, sugar & water – a creamy, frothy mixture served over iced/warm milk. It is delicious and addictive. Here are a few recipes.
- 2 tablespoons hot water (28 g)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (24 g)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder (12 g)
- milk, to serve
- ice, to serve
- Add the hot water, sugar, and instant coffee to a bowl.
- Either hand whisk or use an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- To serve, spoon a dollop over a cup of milk with ice in it and stir.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 16 ounces milk for serving
- Place the instant coffee, sugar and water in a bowl.
- Use a whisk, hand mixer or frother to combine. It will take about 5-15 minutes depending on the type of whisk you use. Look for a thickened consistency that’s much lighter in color.
- Serve it as a creamy topping over any milk of choice – iced or hot.
- Storage: If you make extra, you can store any unused whipped coffee in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can whip it again to make it more frothy and lighter in color.
- Equipment: The fastest way to make this is with a stand mixer whipped coffee. But you can also use a hand mixer or a milk frother (Amazon affiliate links). It helps ease the work on your hands.
- Nutritional Data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use. This includes the milk.
Tips For Making Whipped Coffee
- Use hot water for best results. The hot water is not necessary. It will still whip up nicely with cold or room temperature water. However, I found that the hot water works faster.
- Use an electronic mixer to make it faster. The first time I made this, I had my husband whisk it for me because my hands were tired after a couple minutes whisking. A stand mixer or milk frother work really well and they’re much faster! It will still take at least 5 minutes.
- Whisk the ingredients in a bowl, not in a mug or jar. That’s because the dalgona coffee gets fluffy and whipped through the mixture interacting with the air. So a tall container like a mug or jar won’t allow enough air to circulate around.
- Mix the whipped coffee with a spoon or straw before sipping. It’s fun to serve the whipped coffee recipe on top of the drink, but to enjoy it fully, mix it around to incorporate the flavor. It will look like a frappuccino at that point.
So, try any of these two recipes and enjoy your whipped coffee.