One can make a perfect cup of coffee only after proper training and practice. Brewing a cup of coffee is not as simple as one would have thought. It is a science and the art that can make the perfect cup. Coffee is a corollary of human energy and efficiency. It takes in all the permutation and combination of human efforts and ingredients. Long back, in the year 1950, professor E.E. Lockhart, after conducting all the research, formed the Coffee Brewing Control Chart. The chart is a graphical representation of what a good cup of coffee should be. He also computed the Golden Ration to come up with the best coffee. The ratio contains 17.42 units of water to one unit of coffee. Don’t get confused with the jargon. There is also a set of principles to make the best coffee.
The Principles Of How To Make Perfect Coffee
There are mostly six fundamental principles that can make a cup of coffee taste great. These principles stand on the simple ground and make the work less complicated.
- Select good quality coffee beans- there are ample of coffee bean variety available in the market. Some seeds can be raw, not properly roasted, or broken. A perfect coffee bean should be the whole bean. It should be sustainably farmed and not roasted a long time back. It must also have a recognizable brown coffee color.
- Grind your coffee beans almost immediately- grounded coffee lose their fragrance and flavor after coming into contact with oxygen. A freshly grounded coffee bean is, therefore, ideal for perfect aroma and taste. Also, freshly grounded coffee keeps the flavor compound intact.
- Store the coffee beans properly- one should always keep the coffee beans in an airtight jar. The jar should also stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to air and sunlight affects the taste and fragrance of the coffee. If one decides to brew the coffee after two weeks or after that, then it is better to freeze the beans in a refrigerator.
Other Fundamental Principles
- Use the right proportion of water and coffee- for beginners to maintain a proper mix of water and coffee can be challenging. It is, therefore, advisable to go for the Golden Ratio mentioned above. Following the golden ratio can be a great starting point. It is also the simplest way to brew coffee and stay in the safe zone.
- Perfect the technique and focus- a great cup of brewed coffee is about precision and consistency. It is almost beyond the scope of this guide to follow each step religiously. Each brewing method is a result of a particular technique. If someone, however, does the same thing again and again can fix the mistakes and improve.
- Use quality tools- high-quality tools and equipment give better results. If one invests in such coffee brewing tools, then success is not far away. One must, therefore, invest in useful tools.
Making coffee is much more than you must have thought. Apart from cooking techniques, it also requires knowledge of science and mathematics. It the perfect combination of the two that results in an ideal cup of brewed coffee. Follow the above principles religiously and get the perfect cup of brewed coffee every time to impress your guests and counterparts.